Sunday, January 4, 2015

Clutter isn't clutter... if it has a space (on displaying kitchen knick-knacks)

You may be starting to catch on to this but I love little things!

As a baker, unique-albeit-misc-decorative/mini-utensils often find themselves in my hands in the form of a gift. Now don't get me wrong, I love a gift (surprises, clothing accessories, surprises, treats, certificates, wrapped/unwrapped etc.); but I have a really hard time with items I can't use! You see, I can't stand clutter. The older I get & the more pregnant I become - the less space it seems we have in this humble abode we call our own. It's for this reason, I have recently taken up the hobby of shall we say, nesting (?). This hobby of mine has caused me to purge every closet, every shelf, every drawer in the entire house, of everything we don't need/haven't used in a year +. I subjected my Jimmi to the cleansing process as well,  and although he isn't one for too much stuff either, it was to my surprise he  jumped in with both feet: hosting a garage sale, posting furniture for sale up on Craigslist, parting with too-holey band T's I had mentally just agreed to in order to avoid bargaining.

Anyhoo, I digress, despite all of this purging action, we still have our fair share of things, knick-knacks if you will. Including those pesky (and darn cute!) unique-albeit-misc-decorative/mini-utensils. 

They don't fit properly in any drawer, we aren't using them so I'm not cluttering my work space with them but I can't give them away...so CLUTTER NOT! I intelligently decided that if it can't be clutter if it has a space - but the catch: You've got to create the space. The Series Winning Catch? You've got to create the space timely fashion...timely enough so these little items don't circle back around for the next garage sale - or in my case - before the baby comes!

So I invested a few bucks (10) into this Tool Rack from OXO (found at Bed Bath and Beyond)or for me: A Knick-Knack rack 

Once it's here and the Knick-Knacks are officially in their space - I will post an update! 
Here's to a clutter free life and the little things!
...and her life was Simply wonderful
All my very best,
Em

Followers