Sunday, January 4, 2015

12:06 am

SO typical.
New year - big goals. Start a blog. Write every day.
January 1st - my 1st entry how poetic of a beginning!
Slow down though - Lewis, I tell myself: remember - this time, I'm going practice being ok with imperfection. I refuse to NOT write because I am fearful of not getting it right. Not making sense. Not adding up.  So here we go................................................
January 1st - I start off with a bang.
The new year is like my blank canvas and I am pouring rich paint all over it with fury and creativity. I'm uninhibited. I'm mesmerized by my thoughts. I am so inspired.  I can't type fast enough!

Then I go in for edits...and rewrites...and deletion's...and proofs...and read aloud my 1st entry to my poor unsuspecting husband over, and over again...

After 2 hours the 3rd read through,  I am yet to publish....when I finally do - it's 12:06 am, on January 2nd! Ah!! The unevenness of this is killing my little perfection craving ironic self. I actually contemplate not starting until NEXT January 1st. Because New Year - Jan 1 - 1st blog entry ---------
But then it hits me like me banging my head on the table (as I actually and dramatically drop my head to the table) - THIS is poetic. This is imperfection. This - is me celebrating it.

And that's what it's all about.

Happy New Year - on January 3rd dammit
...and her life was Simply wonderful
All my very best,
Em


Followers